Amy Edmondson: The Power of Psychological Safety
How to create a culture that is safe to express ideas, ask questions, and admit mistakes
Please note that this seminar has already taken place. Curious about which seminars are on the calendar?
Success in modern organization requires a continuous influx of new ideas, new challenges, and critical thought. People have to feel free to speak their minds, even if their idea is not robust yet. To facilitate this process, an organization can’t do without a culture of Psychological Safety.
In this digital masterclass, Amy Edmondson, professor at Harvard Business School, explores the power of psychological safety, and provides a blueprint for bringing it to life. She will teach you how to:
- Create a culture where it’s safe to express ideas, ask questions, and admit mistakes
- Nurture the level of engagement and candor required
- Follow a step-by-step framework for establishing psychological safety in your team or organization
Psychological safety isn’t about being nice. It’s about giving candid feedback, openly admitting mistakes, and learning from each other.
14.30 Pre-masterclass session: Psychological Safety Monitor
- Results of the Psychological Safety Monitor
- When is your company ready to work on Psychological Safety?
- What are the most common mistakes in practice?
- How can you get maximum value out of this masterclass
Interview with: Joriene Beks & Hans van der Loo, authors of 2 books on Psychological Safety
Moderator: Ben Tiggelaar
14.50 Short Break
15:00 | Start Masterclass Amy Edmondson
Opening by host and masterclass moderator: Ben Tiggelaar
PART I The Power of Psychological Safety
- Why Fear Is Not an Effective Motivator
- Measuring Psychological Safety
- Why Psychological Safety Matters for Performance
- Psychologically Safe Employees Are Engaged Employees
PART II The Science of Intelligent Failure
- The Role of Failure in Innovation
- What it Means to Fail Well
- Navigating Blind Spots
- Be a Don’t Knower
- Engage an Exploratory Response
PART III Creating a Fearless Organization
- The Leader’s Tool Kit
- How to Set the Stage for Psychological Safety
- How to Invite Participation So People Respond
- How to Respond Productively to Voice – No Matter Its Quality
- Leadership Self-Assessment
18:30 | End Masterclass Amy Edmondson
Final remarks by host and moderator Ben Tiggelaar
18.30 After-masterclass session: your next steps
- do’s and don’ts when you start working with Psychological Safety
- small steps to take tomorrow
Interview with: Joriene Beks & Hans van der Loo
Moderator: Ben Tiggelaar
When you register, you get access to the recording for 6 weeks.